Why People turn to Tai Chi to Relieve Stress and Improve their Health
12 Relaxation and Health Benefits You can Expect When You Learn Tai Chi with Us
- See your posture and coordination noticeably improve
- Be stronger and more energetic with increased circulation
- Prevent falls with better balance
- Gain greater freedom of movement and relief of back pain
- Think more clearly and concentrate better
- Feel relaxed, calm and connected with your inner peace
Highly recommended by many doctors, physiotherapists, chiropractors, osteopaths and health professionals.
You will benefit greatly from our professionalism and
36 years experience in the ACT.
Beginners' Courses in Year 2019 (ACT)
- Mon 4 Feb to Thurs 11 Apr 2019
- Mon 29 Apr to Thurs 4 July 2019
- Mon 22 July to Thurs 26 Sept 2019
- Mon 14 Oct to Thurs 19 Dec 2019
Beginners' Course (ACT) : Monday 4 February to Thursday 11 April
10 weeks duration.
All classes are 1 hour 15 minutes, except the Yarraluma venue (1 hour).
Bookings are not necessary. Your first lesson is obligation free. Wear comfortable clothing and flat soled shoes.
Beginners' classes are held in the following locations throughout the course. You may attend as many classes per week as you wish at no extra cost.
Kambah - Mon 6.15pm, 4 Feb
Namadgi School Gym
corner O'Halloran Circuit and Drakeford Drive
opposite United Petrol Station
The Gym is adjacent to the tennis courts, closest to Drakeford Drive
Weston - Tues 12noon, 5 Feb
Weston Creek Uniting Church Hall
16 Parkinson St
between the Independent Living Centre and the Children's Centre
Woden - Wed 6.15pm, 6 Feb
Canberra College Gym
(formerly Phillip College), Launceston St, opposite Eddison Park
Dickson - Thurs 6.15pm, 7 Feb
Dickson College Gym
corner Phillip Ave and Antill St
Aranda - Mon 6.15pm, 4 Feb
St. Vincent's Primary School Hall
- Warm-up exercises : These simple, yet effective joint loosening exercises help you to relax stiff muscles and joints, increasing your flexibility.
- Qigong (Chi Kung) : an ancient technique for relaxing your mind and body. It also improves your posture, increase your energy levels and trains your ability to maintain centredness.
- Tai Chi form : in this first lesson, you will learn the beginning movements of the form. Through these movements, you will experience the gentle flowing nature of Tai Chi and its ability to positively affect your body and mind.
Internally, the movements massage your organs, improve blood circulation and promote diaphragmatic breathing.
Externally, your joints, tendons and muscles are loosened and gradually strengthened. Tai Chi will help you to relieve stress in your daily life.
- Tai Chi demonstration : the final part of the lesson will conclude with a performance of the Tai Chi form, also known as meditation in motion. This will give you the opportunity to see the blending of strength and relaxation, harmony and balance.
When you experience Tai Chi, you will understand the reasons
it has become one of the most popular and effective ways to
relaxation and better health.
Experience the Difference for Yourself!
An old Chinese proverb says, "your life is in your hands,"
so "don't wait until you are thirsty before you dig a well".
Take responsibility for your health and well being NOW.
May the practice of Tai Chi enrich your life!
With regular practice, you can expect the following benefits:
- stress relief
- greater strength, flexibility and true freedom of movement
- better balance resulting in falls prevention
- muscle toning
- improved posture and relief of back pain
- better circulation
- more energy and stamina
- smooth and deep breathing
- improved concentration and clearer thinking
- heightened general awareness
- a more youthful appearance
- relaxation, inner peace and joy
Tai Chi is beneficial for people suffering from heart conditions, blood pressure problems or arthritis. It is endorsed by the Arthritis Foundation.
Read about the experiences and benefits that our students gain from practising the Hun Yuan Tai Chi.
10 week course: $176
17 years and under: $146
10% GST is included in all fees.
We welcome payment by cash, cheque or credit card - M/C, visa, Amex.
You will receive a free DVD (duration 59 mins) valued at $25.00, which complements the course instruction. This introduction to the Hun Yuan Tai Chi system will help you to understand how the system works and benefits you. It will give you an overview of what you will be learning.
You may attend as many classes per week as you wish at no extra cost.
Beginner's Special Offer
The Academy's training manual, valued at $26.00, will be yours free if you pay your course fees at your Introductory Lesson (4 to 7 February). It is filled with training gems and interesting articles that will inspire you along your way.
Get a Head Start
We have a Special Offer for you! There is no need for you to wait. You can enrol now for next term's Tai Chi Beginners' Course and receive the Introduction to the Hun Yuan Tai Chi System Video DVD and the Tai Chi Manual.
The DVD, An Introduction to the Hun Yuan Tai Chi System, will show you different components of the system. You will be able to practise the exercises demonstrated on the DVD, and so begin to enjoy the benefits of Tai Chi immediately. In just a few minutes each day, these exercises will help to keep your joints moving freely and give you a general feeling of relaxation and well-being.
The special manual is filled with many interesting articles on Tai Chi and the many ways it benefits its practitioners. It provides very interesting reading and much useful information about the practice of Tai Chi.
Take advantage of the early enrolment offer, including free postage and packaging. Complete our online enrolment form, or phone us on 6296 1357 with your credit card details. Payment can also be made by cheque addressed to Tai Chi Academy, PO Box 70, Woden ACT 2606.
Read what our students have to tell us in their testimonials!
For Tai Chi, Qigong or Martial Arts personal training with Chief Instructor Brett Wagland, please email or phone us for appointment. Please allow one hour and fifteen minutes. Wear comfortable clothing and flat soled shoes.